Urban Growth and Urbanization of Sofiа, Belgrade and Rome: the Interaction between Urban Planning and the Market
Slaev, Aleksandar D.
Book part (Published version)
Varna free university; Institute of Architecture, Urban & Spatial Planning of Serbia
MetadataShow full item record
The paper explores the problems of sustainable and resilient development of the cities in Eastern and South-east Europe on the examples of Sofia, Belgrade and Rome and their urban regions. The research draws comparisons to the forms, patterns and mechanisms of their development.
Keywords:urban development / urban sprawl / urban resilience / urban sustainability / Sofia / Belgrade / Rome
Source:Forms of urban growth in South-Eastern Europe: transitioning towards urban resilience and sustainability. Volumen 1, 2016, 13-136
- Varna : Varna free university
- Belgrade: Institute of Architecture, Urban & Spatial Planning of Serbia
- The role and implementation of the national spatial plan and regional development documents in renewal of strategic research, thinking and governance in Serbia (RS-47014)
- Sustainable spatial development of Danube area in Serbia (RS-36036)
- Transitioning towards Urban Resilience and Sustainability (EU-282834)
- Editors: Atanas Kovachev, Aleksandar D Slaev, Diliana Daskalova
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Зековић, Славка; Бакић, Олгица (Београд : Институт за архитектуру и урбанизам Србије, 1997)
Zeković, Slavka; Maričić, Tamara; Vujošević, Miodrag (Varna: Varna Free University, Belgrade : Institute of architecture and urban& spatial planning of Serbia, 2016)
Sprawl and sustainable urban development in Europe / Rasplinjavane i održivi razvoj evropskih gradova Maksin-Mićić, Marija (Institute of Architecture and Urban and Spatial Planning of Serbia, 2008)